Hello my friends!
I had SO much fun hosting the Corona Critique Giveaway that I've been anxious to create another way to lift spirits and connect during this crazy time.
I've decided to host another KidLit event! This time around, EVERYONE is a winner!
Today, I'm thrilled to announce the Kidlit Quarantine Connection!
What is this KidLit Quarantine Connection, you ask?
Well... it's a super awesome pen pal exchange! Here is how it works:
1. Fill out the form below to join the exchange. (Form will be live through Monday, April 20th)!
2. Receive an email from me on Thursday, April 23rd with the name and email address of your pen pal!
3. Send each other emails/letters/tweets/etc. during this crazy time. Connect and get to know each other in any way that works best for you.
4. When we are back to a normal life and feel like we can again go to the post office, MAIL YOUR KIDLIT QUARANTINE CONNECTION PEN PAL A BOOK-ISH BOX. This could be a book, writing materials, etc. Use what you learned about your pen pal to send a great book-ish care package individualized for your new friend. You can coordinate with your partner about when you will send this package when you are comfortable being back out and about. I will send out periodic emails to remind you to connect and eventually send this package.
5. Receive your care package from your partner!
I think this will be such a fun way to make new friends, have something semi normal to do, and to have something (an awesome book-ish package) to look forward to when this whole thing is over!
I know that it feels like this quarantine will never end, but I am confident that we will get through this and become even stronger than before.
Since this does require mailing a package, this pen pal exchange is only open to residents of the United States. (Unless enough of you from the same country band together and want to get in on the fun. Reach out to me through my contact page if that's you.)
I hope we'll have lots of people making new writer friends through this pen pal connection. Sign up on this form to get started:
I can't wait to hear stories of connection, friendship, and hope from all of this!